Boost Cooler Waterinjection
Obtain up to 15-25% more power in your turbodiesel engine, even if it´s pre-tuned, by using the Boost Cooler™-Water/Methanol Injection System!
Waterinjection is very effective on Diesels - unlike gasoline engines, the power in a turbo diesel is largely a function of fuel. The problem with continually adding fuel is that you create an over-fueling condition and reach a point where the exhaust gas temperatures become prohibitive (over 700°C). A water/alcohol mix will decrease EGT's while increasing power.
The water or water/alcohol mixture is sprayed into the combustion chamber. In the evaporation process of the previously injected liquid, diesel fuel is "breakage" and a very fine diesel mist is generated. This results in a power increase because the diesel burns more completely, rather than discharged partially burning or unburned as exhaust gas. When changing the aggregate states of water in steam, its volume increases greatly. The steam expansion also increases the engine torque.
Furthermore, the Boost Cooler doesn't create an intake restriction like an intercooler, reduces intake air temps up to 60°C and improves charge air density, too! Snow Performance systems effectively steam clean the valves, valve seats, and even the piston tops and intake when they inject. This reduces carbon build up. The Boost Cooler™ can be installed in a matter of hours without having to remove bumpers or do custom intake piping.
Easy to upgrade Starter Kit
The operation is very simple: the system starts injecting when the boost switch reaches the user-adjustable point and it injects a fixed amount of fluid through the nozzle until the switch opens again.
The Boost Cooler is unsurpassed in it's atomization due to superior nozzle design - The nozzle first spins the fluid supersonically before forcing it through a venturi shaped orfice - no one else comes close! The smaller the droplets, the more total surface area per volume injected which = more heat reduction = more power. Because of this fact, more cooling can be done with less fluid.
- Budget-friendly Start Kit
- Systems for virtually any turbo diesel (TDI/TDCi/TDS/etc.) of approx. 80 - 2,000 hp.
- More power and torque possible of up to 15-25%
- Reduction of the thermal loading in already modified turbo diesel, such as chip tuning.
- Reduction of exhaust gas temperature (EGT) of up to 120° C - ideal for tuned engines or trucks.
- No charging pressure loss as in conventional intercooler, highly efficient! Additional cooling of the charge air of up to 60° C possible.
- Reduction of specific fuel consumption by up to 10-15%
- Reduction of nitrogen oxide formation & carbon emission with full load acceptance, ideal add-on to DPF.
- Deposit free combustion chamber and air intake, without formation of carbon.
- Individual consulting and configuration are possible.
- Easy installation and setup.